COMPANY POLICIES, PRACTICES, AND PROCEDURES
SCHEDULING AND SERVICING
Setting up an appointment with us is easy. We can schedule your move over the phone, in person, or online. We recommend you make your reservation with us as soon as possible. Advanced notice of your moving date allows us enough time to schedule our crew and to ensure the moving truck’s availability. Your start time is approximate and may be subject to change; however, you will be informed if it differs substantially.
- If your move requires work above and beyond the original order for services, we reserve the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work for you.
- If you cancel the same day of your move you will be charged 50% of the deposit.
- Additional charges may be incurred by the client if they were not honest about the items in the household and number of rooms.
if you need to cancel services or need to reschedule, we will honor your deposit for up to 90 days after your initial scheduled date, after which expires.
At any moment during or before the move, if any unusual circumstances arise, or if for any reason the customer displays unruly behavior, we reserve the right to stop the job, lock the truck with the customer’s belongings, and request for the balance.
If the customer does not behave in an appropriate manner (insults movers, tries to force movers, etc.) our workers are required to stop the service immediately. The customer will be obligated to pay the balance.
If for any reason the customer decides to stop our services prior to the job completion, while in transit; the customer will be obligated to pay the full amount.
PROCESS AND DURATION
The time for each move will vary based on a variety of factors, including volume or dimensions of items, moved, preparedness, stairs (up or down), and other circumstances that may cause a delay.
- Multiple trips may be necessary to complete the move. Under certain cases, It may be necessary to occupy an additional service vehicle, such as for out-of-town moves.
- We reserve the right to limit our workday to 12 hours.
- Client should clear payment immediately after the move
- In the event of a mechanical breakdown during a relocation, we will only be responsible for making up lost time.
- Truck(s) will be parked in an area approved by the customer. However, the customer is responsible to obtain any permissions necessary; and paying any costs to access this space. The Customer will be liable for any consequences that may arise from this; including parking fines/fees, violations or damages to the truck.
Our immediate work zone can be a hazardous place where serious injuries can occur. Space Move reserves the right to refuse service if the work area is occupied by any person, children, pets, or other service providers such as painters, carpenters, roofers, locksmiths, etc. Where it is not a safe scenario under which relocation services should be performed. Our company will not do anything that we feel is unsafe.
- We reserve the right to cancel your move without being held liable, for any circumstances that may cause a threat or safety concern to any person, place, or thing to be moved. This includes questionable or illegal requests, and any situation that may cause reasonable concern to us or the properties.
- It is important that you notify us of heavy or cumbersome items (i.e. pool tables , refrigerators, freezers, safes, etc.).
RISKS OF A MOVE
Moving Services creates certain risks to the customer’s property and/or person. We highly recommend that you personally transport any items of significant value or worth. E.g piggy banks,cash,jewelery,sensitive documents.
- Customers acknowledge that our company is not responsible for improper packing of containers you pack yourself, open boxes, items you do not provide enough protection or you include perishable, dangerous, or hazardous materials in your shipment without our mover’s knowledge.
- The customer agrees our company’s responsibility only extends to items while under its care and custody and terminates when our company leaves the premises and/or after it loads and/or unloads the customer’s goods.
- Customer or their authorized representative must be present during the start of the move and final “walkthrough”.
- You must inform us of any damages incurred during your move. Any damages must be noted on our damage report during the final “walk-through”